Friday, November 27, 2015

Nov 2015 Nanowrimo Wk 4 - WritingProject: Countdown #3 - Update #4

Countdown Series #3


Want to follow my daily progress? Follow me at:
Twitter @ HE_Anev
Project Goal: To get a first draft this novel.

Stage of writing: First Draft

What inspired my current project: I read a story on tumblr and read comments that said someone should write a story based off that topic. The suggestions and my desire to expand on it inspired my own version. It's paranormal (not sci-fi as I originally stated).

Last Update WC: 32,406
Week's Total WC: 10,233
Total Story WC: 42,639

Daily WC:
  1. 1,968
  2. 1,689
  3. 1,671
  4. 1,669
  5. 1,149
  6. 2,087
  7. 0

Last 200 words:

It frustrated me how they were so blind to Sammy and what an amazing kid he is because who knows. Sammy could have turned rebellious and did all sorts of incredibly bad or terrible things. He could have sunk into a deep depression. Yes, they were treating him but they weren’t there for him emotionally.

Sammy needed people he could connect to, someone who would listen to his plights or problems. He needed to be guided and having the only people he could connect to be either a butler or locked in their offices didn’t help. He needed people who would be there for him no matter what. Put his needs before theirs and ultimately be a guardian to him. I knew the Fitzgeralds weren’t but I couldn’t quite figure out why that was because as far as I could see, they had a great life.

Again, I don’t know their past troubles or what they’ve had to deal with but until I find out more about them, it’s better to stay under their radar. I wouldn’t want them to restrict our time together with Sammy because it wouldn’t kill just us, it’d kill Sammy too.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thoughts of the Week

Total Words This Week: 10,233

Decided to list some of my thoughts I've had during the week to give you a little more insight on my progress and/or struggles.

  • I was so proud I was able to motivate myself to write almost all week when I didn't feel like it. Wrote so late though, right before bedtime so around 9 or 10 pm but it also meant I went to bed later than I expected.
  • Really wished I kept up with Reverse Nanowrimo because I ended up getting busy during the holiday weekend. I could have wrote but ended up spending time trying to wipe my desktop (I use my laptop more) so I could possibly resell it.
  • I missed one day and it snowballed from there.
  • Am glad that my family isn't huge about holidays but I still need to spend time with them. Fortunately they didn't nag me as much as I thought for me spending so much time in my room again.
  • Whoops, posted this way late. Forgot to post it on Friday as I was still busy wiping my computer. EDIT: Posted this before I finished this post. Sorry!


Other Updates:

Update #4
Update #3
Update #2
Update #1