Thursday, July 2, 2015

June 2015 Junowrimo Wk 4 - WritingProject: Countdown #1 and WYDM - Update #4

Countdown Series #1


Want to follow my daily progress? Follow me at:
Twitter @ HE_Anev
Project Goal: To get a first draft this novel.

Stage of writing: First Draft

What inspired my current project: I read a story on tumblr and read comments that said someone should write a story based off that topic. The suggestions and my desire to expand on it inspired my own version. It's paranormal (not sci-fi as I originally stated).

Last Update WC: 52,379
Week's Total WC: 4,262
Total Story WC: 56,641

Daily WC:
  1. 1,136
  2. 0
  3. 0
  4. 0
  5. 0
  6. 0
  7. 2,007
  8. 0
  9. 550
  10. 0
  11. 569
  12. 0

Last 200 words

What could I do? My eyes slid to the gas stove and the matches I knew were in the drawer. I could blow this whole cabin down. Take them down with me.

Unfortunately, I didn't know who could be around and didn't want to hurt any by passers. I still didn't know who could be outside. I heard another knock, more insistent than before. I thought about peeking out the curtains but then it's possible that they could see me too. I bit my lip. I'd have to peek in the peep hole and hope I didn't make too much noise getting to it.

I slid off my shoes not trusting that they'd be quiet on the hardwood. I got up and slowly made my way over to the door. My heart thudded panicky in my chest wondering if these people would be friend or foe. There were little creaks from the floorboards thanks to my weight but after pausing I realized they didn't notice. I shifted my weight testing the board in front of me before putting my full weight on it. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Would You Date Me?!


Want to follow my daily progress? Follow me at:
Twitter @ HE_Anev
Project Goal: To get a first draft of a romance/contemporary novel.

Stage of writing: First Draft

What inspired my current project: A story that was going to be based off a couple of characters in my head that were supposed to be a comic. Then I realized I need a story before I actually draw it. lol

Last Update WC: 18,744
Week's Total WC: 3,300
Total Story WC: 22,044

Daily WC:
  1. 1,375
  2. 0
  3. 0
  4. 0
  5. 0
  6. 0
  7. 0
  8. 0
  9. 0
  10. 0
  11. 0
  12. 825
No excerpts since I'm hand writing everything and don't want to type it up as I go but have some blurred pictures instead! lol *dodges tomatoes*


Visual evidence on how much I wrote in the notebook. XD



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thoughts of the Week

Total Words This Week: 7,562

Decided to list some of my thoughts I've had during the week to give you a little more insight on my progress and/or struggles.
  • Skipped the check in last Friday since I hadn't written much and decided to finish off on the last day of the month.
  • Notice all the zeros? lol I ended up feeling a bit burnt out and fell into a lull and got stuck with writing. 
  • Still enjoy working on two stories at a time so I'll probably do it with July Campnano.
  • Unfortunately I am not able to catch up with my word count goals but I'm not too worried since I'll work on it again in July. 
  • Handwriting takes me longer to write than typing but I like how it flows on paper better.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

End of the Month Thoughts

Total Words This Month: 40,342

So I didn't make my overall word count goal of 60k but I didn't do too bad. I've made a little over 40k which is better than I thought but less than I had expected. It looks like 40k is something I can consistently do during a month. Anything more than that is pushing it for me.

I could have pushed myself to do at least 50k but I decided against it since I'll be working on at least one of the projects during July. I'm pretty sure I'll work on Countdown #1 but not sure if I'll stay with WYDM?! since I feel like I need to plot it out better since it took a weird turn. lol

In the mean time, in July I'll be going on vacation for a week so my expected turn out will be less than I'll expect. Initially, I thought 25k for the word goal but I've since lowered it to 20k because I think I'm going to spend more time plotting for my other story during my vacation and I'm not going to track those words. Writing takes no vacation! lol

My goal is to finish Countdown #1 so I can work on the other books in the series. Then my second project will most likely be plotting. Not sure which project I'll work on. I may focus on one or two for plotting, depends if I get stuck...either way I'm excited to be nearly done with the first draft!

I'll probably run through it once or twice and fill in any plot holes the best I can before I move on to the next book. Then I'll let it sit and focus on a different story. :)


Did you guys do Junowrimo? If so, fantastic! How did you do?


Other Updates:

Update #4
Update #3
Update #2
Update #1

No comments:

Post a Comment